In this hot and sultry season of summer, we all want some relaxing air circulation inside the room. This will make you feel comfortable, keep your space cool and breezy. Unlike the air conditioners, a fan does not increase the temperature of the room. Instead, it makes the room appear windy, breezy and pleasant.
However, a long-existing debate has been whether ceiling fans are more efficient than pedestal fans or vice verse. While buying the most economical fan, you often get caught up between the most suitable option for your house. Coming to a definitive answer seems difficult and challenging. So, we are here for help.
Below mentioned are some of the pros and cons of buying ceiling fans and pedestal fans one after the other:-
Pros of Ceiling Fans:-
- They are very intentional, can keep a large room cool, windy and breezy
- The biggest advantage of them is that they can lower the ambient temperature of the room, by four to five degrees. They follow the mechanism of pushing down the cool air.
- In cold seasons, they keep you warm, by working under the reverse mechanism. Warm air rises, due to the reversed movement of the fan blades, it pulls up the cool air and distributes warmth evenly around the room.
- They are very cheap as the initial investment than an expensive air conditioner.
- Ceiling fans consume comparatively less energy and are a power-saving fan, so your bills stay within budget.
- They make one of the most beautiful elements of decoration inside the room. They serve as the focal point of the room and compliments other interior features of the house.
- Modern designer ceiling fans come with lightings, thereby making a two in one appliance
- It allows you the choice of versatile placement, like in bedrooms, kitchen, or any other room.
- Ceiling fans act as the most efficient backup device in case the AC breaks down.
- Ceiling fans are safe to be used in a room which has small children. It is safer to use.
Cons of Ceiling Fans:-
- They can be very noisy at times. Some people have to tolerate the sound for long periods of time. But noisy fans are a big trouble in bedrooms
- By replacing light fixtures, they do not work as perfectly as the traditional lights.
- Given the height of the ceiling, it becomes difficult to install the fan.
- For the same reason, cleaning and maintaining the ceiling fans are not always possible.
- They can also be dangerous, as the chances of accidents always remain existent.
Pros of Best Pedestal Fans:-
- The most important function of buying pedestal fans is that they are extremely lightweight and portable. The fan can be turned on simply by plugging the switch on the electric panel or the socket. It can be easily placed on the balcony or in the garden or terrace.
- They are multi-functional. They are economical, easy to use, and can be shifted from one place to another without any hassle. It is environment-friendly.
- The modern pedestal fans are available in the market with advanced features and integrated with the latest technology. As a result, the customers are spoilt with choices.
- They are easy to fix
- They are good for those rooms which have a low ceiling.
- The cage covering the blades makes it very safe to use, especially for children.
- They can be installed, maintained and cleaned easily since you do not have to face the hassle of reaching up to the ceiling.
Cons of Pedestal Fans:-
- For a pedestal fan to function, an electric plug point is a must which is not in the case of a ceiling fan
- In hugely spaced areas, these fans are not useful since they are not enough to produce the required amount of air
- Pedestal fans can fall over since they are based on a stand. This makes it dangerous to be around kids and pet animals.
After reading this, did you find the best choice for yourself?
For the best variety of ceiling and pedestal fans, you can visit the store of “Polar India”, a popular household name which sells the most enviable quality products integrated with the latest technology.